The parent feedback summary is based only on student responses from the lodged Best Start Kindergarten Assessment.
Understanding the parent feedback summary: Refer to the Parent feedback summary Adobe Connect for information about the parent feedback summary, including how to generate and download from the online tool.
The parent feedback summary :
- reflects the BSKA intent of creating a positive start to school for all students.
- provides parents/carers with clear information about their child’s literacy and numeracy skills.
- provides information based on actual items assessed - please note that not all questions and student responses are included in the summary.
Communicating with families:
The provision of a written feedback summary to parents/carers is optional for schools. Schools will continue to have the option to provide feedback in a range of ways that are appropriate to their context and consistent with their existing school practices.
Generating and downloading the Parent feedback summary PDF files:
NOTE: Further information and instructions for updating the school logo & principal details here.
- In the ALAN homepage, click the Best Start Kindergarten tile to open the BSKA online tool.
- In the BSKA online tool, go to the menu and select 'Feedback summaries'
- In the 'Feedback summaries' screen: Select a class/group from the 'Select roll class' dropdown list to see the list of your students.
- In the student list, from the 'Parent feedback summaries' column, use the checkboxes to select one, multiple or 'select all' Parent feedback summary to download.
- Click 'Download' or 'Download zip' button to download the selected Parent feedback summary/summaries to your computer. If downloading multiple files, the files will be saved to your computer in a zipped folder. Open and extract the zip file to view and print the individual files.
- The Parent feedback summary will include the school name and Principal name. If you need to update the school details, refer to this guide.