The Summary of student responses is available once the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment has been lodged for a student.
NOTE: This summary is to inform school staff only and is not a document to be distributed to parents and carers. Please see the Parent feedback summary for further information about communication with families.
The summary of student responses :
- reflects the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment intent of creating a positive start to school for all students
- provides parents/carers with clear information about literacy and numeracy skills which their child demonstrated during the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment
- provides information based on actual items assessed
Generating and downloading the Summary of student responses PDF files:
- In the ALAN homepage, select Best Start Kindergarten Assessment to open the BSKA online tool.
- In the BSKA online tool, go to the menu and select 'Feedback summaries'
- In the 'Feedback summaries' screen: Select a class/group from the 'Select roll class' dropdown list to see the list of your students.
- In the student list, from the 'Literacy - Summary of student responses' or 'Numeracy - Summary of student responses' column, use the checkboxes to select one, multiple or 'select all' summaries to download.
- Click 'Download' or 'Download zip' button to download the selected summary/summaries to your computer. If downloading multiple files, the files will be saved to your computer in a zipped folder. Open and extract the zip file to view and print the individual files.