IMPORTANT NOTE : Please refresh your web browser when you access PLAN2 to see the application updates. To refresh, press CTRL and F5 keys.
The following updates were released to ALAN and PLAN2:
- Enhancement: ALAN homepage re-design
- The Assessing Literacy and Numeracy (ALAN) homepage is re-designed to provide users with more information about the ALAN apps and links to professional learning.
- Visit the ALAN homepage re-design page for more details.
- New feature: Manage groups in PLAN2
- Teachers will be able to manage their custom student groups without having the need for ALAN Administration access.
- Teachers will be able to view, create and edit custom student groups by accessing the "Manage groups" in the PLAN2 menu.
- This new feature will support teachers in:
- creating high school subject classes
- creating custom student groups for literacy and numeracy learning
- creating their own student groups without the need to have ALAN Administrator access
- creating groups from across year levels and classes for different learning purposes
- Visit the Manage groups in PLAN2 page for a step-by-step guide.
- Enhancement: Class observations across learning areas
- In Class observations, teachers will be able to record and maintain their own observations for a student or a selected class, subject or group and to view observations made in other classes, subjects or groups for the same students.
- This enhancement will support teachers in:
- monitoring students’ demonstrations of literacy and numeracy understandings in their own specific class, group or subject context
- gaining a comprehensive understanding of their students’ skills by being able to see how consistently they are demonstrating them in different learning area contexts
- collaborating with other teachers on school identified priorities in literacy and numeracy and targeting literacy and numeracy across the curriculum.
- Visit the Class observations across learning areas page for a step-by-step guide.
Have ideas for new features or enhancements?
Log an online query and tell us about your suggestions and ideas. Your feedback will help us plan and develop new features as we continue to optimise PLAN2.
Find out more about Professional Learning for learning progressions, Best Start Kindergarten and PLAN2.