The new Areas of focus feature was released to PLAN2 in Term 4 2019 to assist teachers in creating and saving a customised set of syllabus outcomes and progression indicators for a select group of students. As of December 2019, teachers across 570 schools had created over 2,700 Areas of focus. These Areas of focus will be accessible and reusable in 2020.
What will change in Term 1 2020?
Starting Term 1 2020 Week 1:
- All Areas of focus (in ‘complete’ status) created in the previous year will be moved to the Areas of focus archive list.
- Teachers will be able to search for and find their previous Areas of focus from the archive.
- Teachers will be able to select an Area of focus from the archive and create a copy of that Area of focus to re-use for their new class or group.
- The archived Areas of focus will remain visible only to teachers within their respective schools.
- All Areas of focus templates created and shared within the school will remain visible to and usable by all teachers within the school.
A step-by-step guide for Areas of focus archive will be published on the ALAN help desk in Term 1.
Other PLAN2 enhancements to be released in Term 1 2020:
- Students with multiple enrolments: Starting Term 1 2020, teachers from non-census Schools for Specific Purposes (SSPs) will be able to view and record observations in PLAN2 for students who are currently enrolled and attending more than one school. Pre-requisites for this are:
- Student enrolment in census and non-census schools must be managed in ERN. Student enrolment status must be ‘Enrolled - In Attendance’ or ‘Enrolled - Risk Assessed’.
- SSP must be activated in ALAN/PLAN2 so that teachers can gain access to PLAN2. Teachers are encouraged to attend Professional Learning in PLAN2 prior to using the software. Contact the ALAN Support team to get your school activated in PLAN2.
- Export Student indicator progress analysis in Word format: Teachers will be able to export and download a Word version of the Student indicator progress graph to assist in data analysis and planning.
All ALAN applications including PLAN2 and the Best Start Kindergarten Assessment online tool will be unavailable to users from 21 December 2019 to 24 January 2020 for end of year maintenance.