This function to batch upload and batch edit student records in ALAN applications is available to CSNSW and AIS schools only. You must be an ALAN_ADMIN user to access this function.
Review and confirm student records in the staging facility
- In the ALAN homepage, click the Administration tile. This will open the ALAN Administration page.
- In the ALAN Administration page, click the ‘Edit students in staging’ button. This will open the ‘Edit students in staging’ page.
- The 'Edit students in staging' page will display a list of your student records in the staging facility. Please ensure that the student records are correct and complete. If you want to edit a student record, click on a student name to open the student details page (refer to this article for a step-by-step guide).
Important for Year 7 students: Please fill out the 'LBOTE', 'EAL/D', and 'Aboriginal/TSI status' fields. These are additional fields used for the Best Start Year 7 assessment.
- Once the student records have been completed and reviewed: You need to confirm that the records are ready to be transferred and published to the ALAN apps production (live environment of PLAN2, Best Start Kindergarten Assessment and Best Start Year 7). In the ‘Edit students in staging’ page, click the ‘Mark all records as reviewed and confirmed’ button.
- In the confirmation dialogue, click the ‘Confirm’ button to proceed.
Please note: Once you confirm, you will no longer be able to edit the student records in the staging facility while the transfer process is in progress.
- After confirmation, the student records will be marked as ‘Confirmed for transfer to live’.
- The ALAN Support Team will transfer and publish the confirmed records. Once transferred, you will be able to view and use the updated student records in PLAN2, Best Start Kindergarten Assessment and Best Start Year 7 application.