Note: When accessing the Areas of focus feature in PLAN2, we recommend using Chrome web browser for better user experience.
From the Areas of focus templates screen:
- Select the PLAN2 link on the ALAN homepage to open the PLAN2 application.
- From the menu (three horizontal lines in the top right corner), select ‘Areas of focus’.
- The ‘Areas of focus’ screen will open. Click the ‘Templates’ tab.
- In the ‘Templates’ tab screen:
- You can filter the list by Stage and Learning area
- You can sort the list by ‘Created by’ or by the date when the template was used, modified or created.
- You can search for a specific template by typing in a keyword in the search bar. The search will look for keywords in the template name and description, sub-element name, progression level, or syllabus outcome code.
- Select a template from the list. Details of your selected template will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- On the Area of focus template details, click the ‘Edit’ button. This will open the edit screen where you can follow the next steps.
- The steps for editing a template are similar to the steps in creating a new template:
- You can add or remove syllabus outcomes in Step 1
- You can add or remove sub-element levels or progression indicators in Step 2
- You can edit the template name or description in Step 3.
- In Step 3, click the ‘Save’ button to save your changes.
- Once your changes have been saved, you will see the updated template listed in the ‘Templates’ tab screen.
Related how-to guides
- Access Areas of focus
- Create an Area of focus
- Generate Class observations for your Area of focus
- Generate Student indicator progress analysis for your Area of focus
- Edit an existing Area of focus
- Export Area of focus information
- Create an Areas of focus template
- Export Areas of focus template information
- Create a new Area of focus using an existing template
For teaching and learning information, including professional learning, please visit the literacy and numeracy page.
For general solutions and troubleshooting you can visit our help pages at the ALAN help desk.