Note: When accessing the Areas of focus feature in PLAN2, we recommend using Chrome web browser for better user experience.
From the Areas of focus screen:
- Select the PLAN2 tile on the ALAN homepage.
- From the menu (three horizontal lines in the top right corner), select ‘Areas of focus’.
- The ‘Areas of focus’ screen will open. Click the ‘Existing’ tab.
- In the ‘Existing’ tab screen:
- Select Year and Class or group to view list of existing Areas of focus for your selected class.
- You can sort the list by date when the Area of focus was used, modified or created.
- You can search for a specific Area of focus by typing in a keyword in the search bar. The search will look for keywords in the Area of focus name and description, sub-element name, progression level, or syllabus outcome code.
- Select an Area of focus from the list. Details of your selected Area of focus will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- On the Area of focus details, click the ‘Export’ button. This will open the edit screen where you can follow the next steps.
- A Word file will be downloaded to your computer. The Word file contains information about your selected Area of focus, including Area of focus name and description, class and students selected, and list of syllabus outcomes and progression indicators.
Related how-to guides
- Access Areas of focus
- Create an Area of focus
- Generate Class observations for your Area of focus
- Generate Student indicator progress analysis for your Area of focus
- Edit an existing Area of focus
- Create an Areas of focus template
- Edit an existing Areas of focus template
- Export Areas of focus template information
- Create a new Area of focus using an existing template
For teaching and learning information, including professional learning, please visit the literacy and numeracy page.
For general solutions and troubleshooting you can visit our help pages at the ALAN help desk.