Note: When accessing the Areas of focus feature in PLAN2, we recommend using Chrome web browser for better user experience.
From the Areas of focus screen:
- Select the PLAN2 link on the ALAN homepage to open the PLAN2 application.
- From the menu (three horizontal lines in the top right corner), select ‘Areas of focus’.
- The ‘Areas of focus’ screen will open. Click the ‘Existing’ tab.
- In the ‘Existing’ tab screen:
- Select Year and Class or group to view list of existing Areas of focus for your selected class.
- You can sort the list by date when the Area of focus was used, modified or created.
- You can search for a specific Area of focus by typing in a keyword in the search bar. The search will look for keywords in the Area of focus name and description, sub-element name, progression level, or syllabus outcome code.
- Please note: All Areas of focus created from the previous year are moved to the Areas of focus archive.
- Select an Area of focus from the list. Details of your selected Area of focus will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- On the Area of focus details, click the ‘Edit’ button. This will open the edit screen where you can follow the next steps.
- The steps for editing an Area of focus are similar to the steps in creating a new one:
- You can add or remove Students in Step 1
- You can add or remove syllabus outcomes in Step 2
- You can add or remove sub-element levels or progression indicators in Step 3
- You can edit the Area of focus name or description in Step 4.
- In Step 4, click ‘Save’ to save your changes.
- Once your changes have been saved, you will see the updated Area of focus listed in the ‘Existing’ Areas of focus screen.
Related how-to guides
- Access Areas of focus
- Create an Area of focus
- Generate Class observations for your Area of focus
- Generate Student indicator progress analysis for your Area of focus
- Export Area of focus information
- Create an Areas of focus template
- Edit an existing Areas of focus template
- Export Areas of focus template information
- Create a new Area of focus using an existing template
For teaching and learning information, including professional learning, please visit the literacy and numeracy page.
For general solutions and troubleshooting you can visit our help pages at the ALAN help desk.