About Areas of focus
Areas of focus allows teachers to create and save a customised set of syllabus outcomes and progression indicators for a select group of students, to use for explicit teaching of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum and to monitor students’ learning in PLAN2.
With Areas of focus teachers can:
- Select and maintain a focus on any syllabus outcome(s) from any key learning area K-10
- Be guided by NESA mapping of the learning progressions to English and Mathematics syllabus outcomes
- Generate Class observations or Student indicator progress analysis for your Areas of focus without the need to reselect indicators or students
- Create Areas of focus templates that may be shared and used by other teachers in the school.
- Access Areas of focus
- Create an Area of focus
- Generate Class observations for your Area of focus
- Generate Student indicator progress analysis for your Area of focus
- Edit an existing Area of focus
- Export Area of focus information
- Create an Areas of focus template
- Edit an existing Areas of focus template
- Export Areas of focus template information
- Create a new Area of focus using an existing template
For teaching and learning information, including professional learning, please visit the literacy and numeracy page.
For general solutions and troubleshooting you can visit our help pages at the ALAN help desk.