The Cohort snapshot shows a snapshot of your cohort in a selected sub-element in either the literacy or numeracy domain. All levels and indicators of a sub-element are presented in either a table or chart on screen with a breakdown of the number (and percentage) of students working at each indicator status, i.e. not assessed, not observed, sometimes and always.
To access Cohort snapshot:
- Select the PLAN2 link on the ALAN homepage to open the PLAN2 application.
- From the PLAN2 menu (three horizontal lines in the top right corner) select 'Analysis'.
- Select Cohort snapshot.
- Select Year.
- Select Class. Select a roll class or select all students in the scholastic year (note: for composite classes, only the students in the selected year will be included in the report).
- Select the desired sub-element from either Literacy or Numeracy. Note: only one sub-element can be selected.
- To select a different sub-element you need to unselect your previous choice and then select a new sub-element.
- Click outside the dropdown list to close it.
- Click the Generate analysis button.
- The Cohort snapshot will display.
Features of Cohort snapshot
- Use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to scroll down and up the table rows.
- The arrow on the left of the screen shows and hides the filter panel. You can change your selection in the filter panel.
- Click the ‘Export as Excel’ button to export the Cohort snapshot to an Excel file.
- View as a chart.
- Click the ‘Back to analysis dashboard’ to go back to the Analysis page.
- The chart is a summary for the cohort and selected sub-element.
- A ‘Download as PDF’ option is available so you can print the Cohort snapshot as PDF.
- Note: For composite classes, only students in the selected year will be included in the Cohort snapshot.
Please press on the Cohort Snapshot tutorial link below: